• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Build Question

Kuenro02

So I just got my XOP seat, aluminum tube and other hardware is on the way. I've been looking at a lot of platforms recently and I'm excited to get mine built. My question is why are some seats on top of the stick vs the bottom of the stick. Also, some guys have a versa button along with cam locking? Is that just for secondary precaution? I'm going to be using a strap instead of cord/rope when caming. Thanks all

It all depend on which seat you have. For the xop, you need the seat higher and the strap needs to be on the seat.

For the klemz seat, you put the seat low and attach with the strap around a versa button up high

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It all depend on which seat you have. For the xop, you need the seat higher and the strap needs to be on the seat.

For the klemz seat, you put the seat low and attach with the strap around a versa button up high

Ok, I've got to ask, what is a klemz seat?

Ok, I've got to ask, what is a klemz seat?
Here you go. It's made from an antique lone wolf seat.
a823b238e8a2aefff11198800beef002.jpg

Thank you Ernie! I have an XOP seat so I'll put it up higher on my post. Thinking about putting a versa button in the middle as well as camming it over. Just a little nervous at 6'4" 245lbs .....

Thank you Ernie! I have an XOP seat so I'll put it up higher on my post. Thinking about putting a versa button in the middle as well as camming it over. Just a little nervous at 6'4" 245lbs .....

You'll be fine - I'm the same size. I have a lone wolf seat on one of Ernie's posts. All I do is use the amsteel and tie a modified stepp knot on the seat. It locks in so solid to the tree it isn't even funny!

Back