• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform choices and knaider with sticks

This is my third year in the saddle but my first year with the Method saddle. I've been hunting out of a JX3 exclusively until this week when I had my first sit in the Method. I really like the Method for several reasons but will not give up my JX3. With that said I am using Hawk sticks with the small stick top platform. It worked out great but I can see where a larger platform would be nice. I'm considering the Tether, Cruzer and XOP edge platforms out of this three the Tethered platform is the lightest, I like the slant on the Cruzer platform and the XOP has my interest but it is heavy. Which one do most of you prefer out of these 3? What is your reason for your choice. Also I'm thinking of buying a knaider to use with sticks instead of my one step aiders I have on the Hawks, do any of you do this? I know it has been talked about lately. I also have a set of Lone Wolf sticks with double steps on top and wire aiders that I hunt with some with the JX3 and I like them. With these and the Method I will need a platform so I'm looking.
I know there has been a lot of threads concerning platforms and I've read most of them over the last 3 years so please don't say do a search. I'm interested in personal experience with your platform especially if you have had different ones.
Thanks for your responses, I know they will be valuable in my search.

I use a Knaider with sticks. To me it’s so much easier, more secure, and safer than a moveable aider. Much more compact than an aider on each stick.

I've been using the lwcg mini's with cable aiders and ambush. With a latitude classic saddle. This has been working great for me. Very compact, work's well for me.

I'm using the Seeker by Cruzr and I like it. Not that heavy, goes up easy, quite solid on the tree so far but wouldn't mind a little more room.

Back