• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Larger Than AOF For One-Sticking?

emrah.oruc.7

I love the AOF platform but I’d like some more foot room and maybe something that incorporates “wing” kick outs to be able to brace against it and push off when shooting around the side/back side of the tree. Anything like that? I’d basically like a stick-mounted Predator.

Emrah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the AOF platform but I’d like some more foot room and maybe something that incorporates “wing” kick outs to be able to brace against it and push off when shooting around the side/back side of the tree. Anything like that? I’d basically like a stick-mounted Predator.

Emrah

Maybe add another AOF or scout to your current setup? There is a thread on here about using the AOF and scout togeather. When I use my AOF or scout platforms I always add a ROS.

Oh that’s right! Forgot all about them.

Just put a scout on with my artisan and love it. Anyone need a predator platform lol

Sent from parts unknown

Just put a scout on with my artisan and love it. Anyone need a predator platform lol

Sent from parts unknown

Do you have a pic? Trying to think how both of those platforms would fit together.

Do you have a pic? Trying to think how both of those platforms would fit together.

Check this out. There is a picture by @Aaronpaul14.

Check this out. There is a picture by @Aaronpaul14.

I see it. That does look pretty good!

eaf1df631d39afa98c4cbde950afb82f.jpg

a4789ef93f1a080bb19b45f563054dd3.jpg

Sent from parts unknown

For predator? Shoot me a pm. I’m at my cabin and service is dodgy. I’ll get back to you Sunday evening and can send pics if interested

Sent from parts unknown

eaf1df631d39afa98c4cbde950afb82f.jpg

a4789ef93f1a080bb19b45f563054dd3.jpg

Sent from parts unknown

Can you push off the side and make shots around the tree easily? The Artisan platform is fine for me for “normal” shots. I’m not wanting for foot room in those circumstances. I’m looking for extra foot room when trying to push off the side of the tree/platform.

The Predator platform has those little “wing” kick outs that help a bunch. I guess I’m just trying to see if I can incorporate that kind of platform but still bolted to one stick

Emrah

If you drop your outside knee into the tree it’s not bad but the predator is much nicer in that aspect.

Sent from parts unknown

Back