• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platform Woes

txbowguy

Attempting to get my platform finished up but having some issues. Using a 10 inch square bar, Lone Wolf Tree- V- bracket and Lone Wolf Elite Seat Kit.

The top of the post wont stay attached to the tree when i step on it. Curious if it matters weather I use the V-bracket vs the off-set bracket and also, if i need to switch to the alpha seat.

thanks in advance

How far from the top is the seat mounted?

For a platform the off-set/standoff bracket is preferred over the v-bracket. Gets it closer to the tree and is more stout. I don't have experience with the Lone Wolf Elite seat, but I've been putting my platforms so they are centered on the post vertically. On a Klemz style platform though they go on the bottom.

Also - what are you using to attach the platform/post to the tree and how are you attaching it?

I was using the straps that came off of my hawk helium climbing sticks. But just tried out the lone wolf cam buckle strap and it makes a night a day difference. When I cam'd it down using the LW buckle.... the v-brackets spread further apart and got a much stronger hold. I'm thinking if i switch out the brackets and leave the LW buckle one there I'll be in good shape.

I was using the straps that came off of my hawk helium climbing sticks. But just tried out the lone wolf cam buckle strap and it makes a night a day difference. When I cam'd it down using the LW buckle.... the v-brackets spread further apart and got a much stronger hold. I'm thinking if i switch out the brackets and leave the LW buckle one there I'll be in good shape.
Exactly! The Hawk straps aren't strong enough for a platform. Lone Wolf strap is what I use on one of mine and no problems. You can and will break those v-brackets so swap them out as soon as you can.

Exactly! The Hawk straps aren't strong enough for a platform. Lone Wolf strap is what I use on one of mine and no problems. You can and will break those v-brackets so swap them out as soon as you can.
Thanks DanO

Last edited:
1938F99D-B420-4F6D-99BD-A73A1189AECB.jpeg

The left is the assault platform and on the right is the elite.

FYI- screen shotting a photo will reduce the quality enough to post

Here's mine. I milled out the v bracket to fit around the 1 1/4 tube. Alpha seat. Had to add weld because it was spreading out on me.
424596a6ab78244f7dc66f58894cd141.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Here's mine. I milled out the v bracket to fit around the 1 1/4 tube. Alpha seat. Had to add weld because it was spreading out on me.
424596a6ab78244f7dc66f58894cd141.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Looks real stable! Too bad I don't have access to a welder.

Back