• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Platforms

ramjet

Hi, new to the form and have some question. When you use a platform do you also us steps around the tree so you can walk around the tree?

Hi, new to the form and have some question. When you use a platform do you also us steps around the tree so you can walk around the tree?

I think it depends on the diameter of the tree but most of the time no. If you watch Daves video it shows how to get 360 shooting without going around the tree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You, that was helpful. I saw on you- tube they were using steps with a platform. I will try the platform with out the steps. I have not hunt from my saddle just shot some arrows to see if it would work for me. At 67 your mind says you can but the body says no. I'm making some steps out of aluminum, my not need them.

Thank You, that was helpful. I saw on you- tube they were using steps with a platform. I will try the platform with out the steps. I have not hunt from my saddle just shot some arrows to see if it would work for me. At 67 your mind says you can but the body says no. I'm making some steps out of aluminum, my not need them.

I plan to put steps around the tree with my platform. If you preset your trees and don't mind the expense, they can't hurt. Dave and others have figured out different methods for shooting from a platform. Since I have hundreds of steps and all preset locations, I'm not giving up the option to move around the tree. Even if I can shoot 360, I like being about to 'hide' from deer, and I've been surprised by plenty of approaches.

Many of us are using steps as a platform. You may find you like one way or both, but I'd try both and to keep you options open.

Steps as a platform are far cheaper than spending $140+ on a platform. So many cool things to buy but you gotta stop somewhere.

Steps as a platform are far cheaper than spending $140+ on a platform. So many cool things to buy but you gotta stop somewhere.
That is funny as I sold 5 ameristeps to pay for my last platform. Lol

Back