• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Please Assist - Martin Threshold Cam Clicking Noise

melocal

Looking for some guidance on a Martin Threshold Bow - I am helping a neighbor kid get set up with this Martin Threshold that was given to him. We ordered cam mods to shorten draw length, I pressed the bow and changed out mods today, but here's the issue -

When a I draw the bow back, at about 99% full draw the cable clicks as is slips into the long side of the F1 cam. Bottom cable in photo makes an audible click as it snaps into the groove of the cam on long side of cam.

Anyone have info on how to fix?

Thanks

PhotoEF1FC64B-D069-4D01-9A3F-0DF08BFD6DC4.png

Any cam lean that is making it not line up properly? Or is the serving a thicker serving, so it is tight in the groove?

Any cam lean that is making it not line up properly? Or is the serving a thicker serving, so it is tight in the groove?
The serving diameter looks fairly uniform where it lands in the new cam vs the old cam. As far as cam lean, there are no yokes to adjust on the cam axle of the bow.

The serving diameter looks fairly uniform where it lands in the new cam vs the old cam. As far as cam lean, there are no yokes to adjust on the cam axle of the bow.
Have someone do a slo mo video on their phone so we can see what's going on

I had a cam that clicked, then it stopped clicking, then I could feel the cam shift when I rested my bow on my knee. Turns out the limbs were cracked around the axle.

If you can't diagnose the click you might want to take it to a pro shop, there could be an underlying problem.

Last edited:
Back