• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Podcast- Turkey Hunters

Oh yeah I know @Ontariofarmer has had some saddle turkey success......
I have not hunted very long but 4 out of my 5 turkeys in the last four years were from a guidos web on the ground using a tree for cover. Simple and it works for me. I usually only get 1 or 2 turkey tags... we are allowed two turkey tags for toms in the spring. They were introduced to our area in the late 1980's and I almost always use a web for turkey hunting. This year I will be using the JX3 hybrid at ground level. In the spring I always use a shotgun.. All my kills have been at 10 yards or less.
The only other turkey I killed was while deer hunting with a bow in a tree. The tree was my cover... I think that was luck... I am allowed one tag each fall which I buy in case I see one while hunting deer. I usually do not hunt turkey in the fall unless I accidentally get an opportunity while deer hunting.

I may try a mirror blind with my Jx3 on the ground this spring. The hybrid makes a nice ground chair. With my guidos web I always used it attached to the tree... preferably a large tree. Or two or three trees close together. I then put my decoys out in front of me.

Last edited:
What's your pod cast? I'm always on the search for new ones to listen to. Is it in cast box?

Shedding Light Hunting Stories. It’s on ITunes, Sticher, Google Play, Alexa and on our website at sheddinglightoutdoors.com. Actually about to record another podcast in a minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shedding Light Hunting Stories. It’s on ITunes, Sticher, Google Play, Alexa and on our website at sheddinglightoutdoors.com. Actually about to record another podcast in a minute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like your podcast. You do a very good job of when the guest is on asking questions and allowing them to answer. Obviously all podcast hosts are going to talk about themselves and their experiences and I'm perfectly okay with that and rather enjoy it. But some ask a question and then going to a hunting of their own and it drives me nuts. Thanks for a great podcast. I really enjoy it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back