• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Podium First Impressions

CRogers

Big thanks to @Swamp for the podium. First impression is I like it a lot. Seems very solid and takes side pressure very well. Didn't get the opportunity to shoot from it since I had to get around and head to work this evening but I'm looking forward to trying it out then. Hopefully it's just what this newbie needed to make the transition from a treestand a little bit easier.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-172441.png
    Screenshot_20190727-172441.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 50
Look forward to hearing more!
Very happy with it so far! I've shot from it several times now. Takes side pressure well, just made shooting a lot easier for me than a ring of steps. When I was on my ring of steps I felt like I had to keep my tether at about head height to be able to get all the way around around the tree. (Tree I was practicing on in my yard was about as wide as my shoulders) I feel most comfortable with my tether at eye level and a 24" bridge and I feel like this was a better fit for me. As far as the podium goes I've heard some guys say it's tough to cam over but I haven't had an issue with it. I've taken it on and off the tree several times and I have no complaints. I watched a review of it on youtube and the guys from southern outdoorsmen have a pretty good video on there, I'll see if I can post the link.

Back