• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

[POLL] Whose a Diaper Dandy?

When walking in, how do you transport your saddle?

• Duh ... I wear it in because I'm a proud 'diaper dandy'!

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • I pack mine in and put it on once I get to the tree

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • shhh ...don't tell anyone, but I still hunt from a loc-on

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • shhh ...don't tell anyone, but I still hunt from a climber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shhh ...don't tell anyone, but I still hunt from (any other choice not listed)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dpierce72

Hey gang,

With season approaching, let's talk about how you get your saddle to your tree... GO!

Plan to wear it. This is my first year so I almost hope I run into some people on the way in to see their faces

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk

Generally wear mine, nothing about being proud. Just makes sense to wear it instead of one more thing to squeeze into the pack. If it's not comfortable to walk in (my personal opinion on the kestrel) it's not a saddle that works for me.

Also not ashamed to bust out the right tools for the job on occasion and hunt with stands. None of this is tied up in tribalism for me, just out there to kill deer and have a blast.

Wear the Kite. Hardly notice it while walking. Wouldn't want another item in the bag.

JX3 is worn by design.

Wear my RCH, put the fleece on in the tree.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

My wraptor will fold/wad down to the size of a 20oz coke bottle. I'll stroll in with that sucker in my pocket and nearly forget it's there :)

My wraptor will fold/wad down to the size of a 20oz coke bottle. I'll stroll in with that sucker in my pocket and nearly forget it's there :)

It will probably fit real well in a camera Molle bag or something similar like the sitdrag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear the Mantis ready to climb, the leg straps on it don't bother me.

If I'm using the Kestrel I walk in with the leg buckles hooked behind me. The trick is to remember to reroute them before I start to climb. Many times I've been set up and realized that my leg straps were still hooked behind me.

I keep mine rolled up in my SysHauler pouch with tether, LB & recliner

I keep Sys in the top of my pack and put on mantis at the bottom of the tree

When walking a mile or more, riding a bike or going thru heavy brush/briars I do better by not wearing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back