• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Portable Fillet Table for Butchering

Dcomer55

SH Member
I'm sure someone else on here has already done this, but I saw a portable fillet table on some black Friday adds and thought it'd be good for butchering deer. I was wrong.. its perfect.

Mine has a built in sink and spray hose like the one on the link below.

Just got done butchering two does and I wish I would have done this years ago. The plastic table eliminates the need for a cutting board, you can put a 5 gallon bucket under the drain if your working in your house, and the built in sink/spray hose make clean up a breeze.

I have a 6’ plastic table that I set up if I’m lucky enough to have my boys home to help me. There’s room for all three of us and we can knock out a deer pretty quick. It doesn’t have the hose and sink but you’re right that it makes cutting and cleaning up easy.

I have one very similar. I used the sink hole for scraps to keeps them contained and out of the way! Cleans up nice and you don’t have to deal with cutting boards that are bigger than the kitchen sink haha but if you’re gonna have help like @GCTerpfan i wouldn’t say there’s room for more than one guy

I use a 6' folding table from Costco, but that table you posted looks nice!

I use a 6' folding table from Costco, but that table you posted looks nice!
Yeah any plastic table would work. Beats the heck out of doing it on cutting boards on the tailgate of my truck like I used to do

Nice for doing small amounts of meat that you can do quickly or you're 5ft tall. Id have to install risers or they'd kill my back. One of the reasons why I prefer to package meat as whole muscle groups rather than pre-slicing, cubing, etc so I don't spend a lot of time bent over a table or even my kitchen countertop.

Yeah any plastic table would work. Beats the heck out of doing it on cutting boards on the tailgate of my truck like I used to do

There also good for cutting up melons and other fruit to keep the mess outside.

I've got one of those without the sink, it works great. Once I get it broken down to primals in the garage, I'll them in and cut on the small folding table (over the linoleum) sitting on a chair in the kitchen. Trim, sort, and package, while watching TV and a toddler. I'll also cover it with a disposable cover - either newsprint or painter's drop cloth - to speed cleanup.

Back