• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Portable Ozone Closet build or buy?

KAdams944

Has anyone built there own portable hunting closet? Are the ones you buy of good quality which one is the best? Should I buy or build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t own a closet but I do have a scentcrusher bag and a Scentlok rolling ozone locker. Both work well and both are well built so I’m *assuming* the closet is good too

I purchased a ozone generator unit off amazon, attached it to a large tote with wheels. Then drilled a hole to feed the tube in to the tote. You can use the same unit for multiple totes.

Save your money and hunt the wind :)
I was grilling tonight watching the smoke blow every single direction. Which way should I set up for the wind?????? OR I can be vigilant with my scent control and have deer walk directly downwind and under my stand. You won't fool every deer every time, but scent control is a lot better than playing the wind.
Don't get me wrong, I still play the wind too, but my scent control game is on point also. It has to be a 50/50 thing.

Last edited:
I purchased a ozone generator unit off amazon, attached it to a large tote with wheels. Then drilled a hole to feed the tube in to the tote. You can use the same unit for multiple totes.
I did the same thing. A lot cheaper

I was grilling tonight watching the smoke blow every single direction. Which way should I set up for the wind?????? OR I can be vigilant with my scent control and have deer walk directly downwind and under my stand. You won't fool every deer every time, but scent control is a lot better than playing the wind.
Don't get me wrong, I still play the wind too, but my scent control game is on point also. It has to be a 50/50 thing.

yeah I just think messing around with all this scent stuff is BS. The year I said I’m done with it all and just concentrated on just hunting and proper set ups I killed more bigger deer and had more chances year over year without an end.I do shower to keep my deer undergarments fairly clean, because I wear em over and over without washing em, but no worries on boots, no sprays, no stupid BS scent schemes. Just a new set every sit. I listened to Andre D’aquisto podcast and laughed, he uses the same approach. Just be kinda clean and try to set up correctly in new sets every time. Works like a charm. He calls em virgin sits. Deer never know you’re coming.The first thing I take into account is wind, and then all else falls into place. Everyone has had deer downwind that don’t react. Just find good hot sign, play the wind and set up. Never fails. Less to mess with and less to carry. Super relaxing.

This right here is what I do also.

I understand all deer have difference tolerances for smells and things. I feel if you keep your stuff in a tub and only wear it to hunt that is basically the same to running your **** through an ozonics unit. A deer's nose is just to sensitive to think that ozoniocs unit did something for you after you wore that **** for an hour. Your scent is spread all over.

I don’t pay too much attention to scent but I bought a small ozone generator last year to run in the trunk of my car with my hunting stuff after hunts to freshen them up. One small step to try to kill any extra odors. I was very happy and had a season without any wind bumps..can’t necessary say it was the ozone generator because I pay attention to wind but if it it ain’t broke don’t fix it!
Whether you buy or build, I am currently a believer.

Back