• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Possible climbing method?

Jjacobs

Has anyone every tried this? I’ve seen Bear Grylls climb like this with his boot laces. There has to be a way to do this with your tether and linemen’s belt.

Oh, and by the way, I’ve been in the shadows here for a while. I’d like to introduce myself. I’ve used a guidos web for three years now and love saddlehunting. Mississippi is my home state and I hunt Kansas as well.

-J

Thats a very inefficient and dangerous method of climbing, So many better options out there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man that looks uncomfortable and downright dangerous. No thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope that guy has good life insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like it could work and it could be done safely, I was just asking... seems like it would be similar to the climbing stand seat climbing method.

I agree that he is unsafe, but the Polynesian people have climbed coconut trees for centuries using s similar method.

I currently use the one stick method on public land and have presets on all my private land spots. I have a viable climbing option, I just am always on the lookout for better, lighter methods.

I feel like it could work and it could be done safely, I was just asking... seems like it would be similar to the climbing stand seat climbing method.

I agree that he is unsafe, but the Polynesian people have climbed coconut trees for centuries using s similar method.

I currently use the one stick method on public land and have presets on all my private land spots. I have a viable climbing option, I just am always on the lookout for better, lighter methods.
Your foot is going to slip down when you have a lot of slack in your belt, then when the belt catches its going to throw you face first into the tree. A broken jaw or get knocked out, If you ever hanged (full bodyweight) from your linemens belt youre going to realize it is extremely uncomfortable. Ive dropped my climbing rope out of the tree before when and has to use my linemens belt to help me shimmy slide down the tree, Let me tell you that bark is rough against your skin.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back