• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Post up your most mobile setups

JumpingVampire

I wanna hear from guys that have there setups to make them the most mobile hunters out there. Mine is of course the LW hand climber. Debating on cutting my climber platform since it's made for climbing and it's pretty stable plus has the post mounts for aluminum tubing. So days I need a climber I will install the band and days I need sticks I will use the platform like a predator. This pretty much eliminate my linemen belt, predator platform, climbing sticks and back pack. When it gets colder I will bring my pack. Also eliminating any kind of daisy chain gear tie and will be using my tree tether as gear holder. To me the less things I have to tie on or off makes me a more mobile hunter. Next setup is 2/3 sticks with aiders. Anytime I carry my sticks my bow will be attached to my backpack and sticks are carried like a rifle. Makes more sense when I'm about to setup I set the sticks down and prepare to setup. The pack never leaves my back as I climb and will be the last thing I grab also eliminating rope to retract my bow from ground. With this method the sticks has the double steps eliminating a platform. Might change as there are platforms for all kinds of steps now. Still learning so the more ideas the better. Peace

Last edited:
Saddle
Oplux linemans belt
Webbing tether
Treehopper
14 carbon fiber bolts
3 steel bolts for ROS

Weighs right at 5lbs. Can climb any tree in the woods. I can wear the saddle in with all my ropes and bolts in 2 small pouches, or chuck the whole thing in my pack. Combine that with a canoe, a mountain bike, a pair of waders, and a Honda Accord (dat fuel economy for long drives), and I hunt wherever I want.

What kind of sticks so you have. My stick steps are made of 1x1 tube and i couldn't image standing on that all day let alone those sticks with 3/8 plate steps. You must have tougher feet than i do.

Just using dano. I'm wearing some thick pac boots it's pretty cold here already in WI. Pretty much feels flat to me.

Saddle, rope tether and rope lineman, 1 modified lone wolf stick (shorter and solid 1 piece top step) with aider or treehopper with bolts, bolts for ring of steps or the top step of my stick for a mini platform, sweet camo fanny pack for snacks and tether and lineman. No idea what it weighs but lighter than my Millenium m100u.

I wanna hear from guys that have there setups to make them the most mobile hunters out there. Mine is of course the LW hand climber. Debating on cutting my climber platform since it's made for climbing and it's pretty stable plus has the post mounts for aluminum tubing. So days I need a climber I will install the band and days I need sticks I will use the platform like a predator. This pretty much eliminate my linemen belt, predator platform, climbing sticks and back pack. When it gets colder I will bring my pack. Also eliminating any kind of daisy chain gear tie and will be using my tree tether as gear holder. To me the less things I have to tie on or off makes me a more mobile hunter. Next setup is 2/3 sticks with aiders. Anytime I carry my sticks my bow will be attached to my backpack and sticks are carried like a rifle. Makes more sense when I'm about to setup I set the sticks down and prepare to setul. The pack never leaves my back as I climb and will be the last thing I grab. With this method I'm carrying the sticks but top of sticks has the double steps eliminating a platform. Might change as there are platforms for all kinds of steps now. Still learning so the more ideas the better. Peace
If that solid double step on your top stick kills your feet, use a bolt or screw in step a little above each point on the top step so the ball of your foot is supported by them and the heel by the solid top stick step. If you can't use screw ins or bolts, a ring of steps set up the same way with 2 steps worked pretty decent for me.

Kestrel, rope tether and linesman, LW assassin, sticks or WE steps (depending upon my destination)... however, a JX3 hybrid just landed on my porch so the current line-up may change depending upon the day. My assumption is that I'll be able to offset the JX3 hybrid's weight by eliminating the assassin and just using the top step of the stick or WE step. Looking forward to the experimentation!

Back