• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Potential game changer.

Ckwilli

SH Member
A few weeks ago I posted in another thread that I have some early signs of cataracts and that I have to wear bifocals. Like a lot of other folks on here that sometimes makes it a challenge to focus on pins and targets and stuff. I recently started wearing bifocal contacts and after a few weeks they are amazing to say the least. It’s like I’m a teenager again with 20-20 vision all around. I absolutely can’t shoot my bow with my glasses on and single vision contacts leaving a lot to be desired also. I’m really excited about these. I was able to tie a fish hook with flouro and not use reading glasses too!

May I suggest the EZV sight as another possible solution?
I’ve thought about that and almost pulled the trigger on one. So much of my day to day depends on my ability to see up close that I thought I’d give these a shot. Being able to see my pins is important but not at the top of my list of reasons I needed something different. I still would like to try an EZ View though.

Did you wear contacts before this?

I've tried a few times, and I just can't get them in my eyes (crazy strong blink reflex).

Did you wear contacts before this?

I've tried a few times, and I just can't get them in my eyes (crazy strong blink reflex).
I’ve worn them for probably 35 years but only single vision. They can be a challenge to get in sometimes for sure.

While we're on the topic of eyesight...
I got lasik 13 years ago, best high-dollar purchase I ever made. Every year I get an eye exam and wind up with a very, very mild prescription that I really only use on the range or motorcycle, or while driving at night. I actually get 2 prescriptions, the second is with my eyes focused on the tip of a pen held to simulate a pistol front sight or compound pin sight. My optometrist sells prescription safety glasses, and I wear them on the bike or range, and keep them on me while hunting if I feel like my vision could be a touch sharper.

Back