• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

practice climb, sit and shoot

Tucker0216

Sep 18, 2019
Had my 3rd practice session today! First day shooting from saddle! Climb and sit was 3rd session. Got to my highest height yet with my new wild edge steps (approximately 24ft). Loving them so far, big shout out and thank you to Joe aka boynebowhunter for simplied loop video on you tube!! Sped climb up drastically. I Need to practice setting up steps around tree for platform. Couldn’t get them at a very level height all the way around. Only thing I’m not a fan of is the bag, during the ascend it’s great, for the descend zipper not staying up was driving me crazy!! Sitting in saddle is awesome, after I’ve gotten bridge length adjusted to my liking and tether height where I like it. For climbing I’ve learned Prusiks suck on lineman rope! Shooting was great. Only practiced at 10ft height mostly on strong side (left side). Thank you to everyone who has posted tips on the forum and you tube videos. All have been very helpful!!!

Reactions: Bigterp and Bach55

DaWiz9578

Jan 12, 2019
SE Michigan
Gotta practice on you weak side. I did t even realize but was only shooting strong side during my practice runs and switched and it is a world of difference. Nothing you cant overcome, after a few weak side practices I tightened the group back up and figured how to get the bow over the bridge and rotate to draw the bow (which is a lot harder than you think on the weak side of the bridge).

For the wild edge bag I had similar issue

[/URL]

Couple other mods discussed. If you have t tried knaider swaider yet, definitely worth the money. Cuts the steps to a third and same for knot tying time.

Keep at it! Good luck this year. My first year in a saddle too.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk