• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Practice tree

LiverEatingJoe

Spent a couple minutes climbing and clearing the limbs and made myself a great practice tree in my woods.

I’m thinking I will leave my unmodified wolf sticks and bull steps on the tree so I can climb up quickly for a quick practice.

Note: I think the bulls steps are great! I don’t get any slippage or movement

505bc4290b7dfb8916c455cf5f1202af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty nice. I'm jealous. A practice tree in my yard would be a huge help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Over center buckle. I bought one from @DanO At doublesteps.com and love it so far...far superior to ratchet strap.

Interesting....so is it similar to the strap locking buckle that comes standard with the Wolf Sticks?

My ratchet straps locks them TIGHT but it is a pain to get the strap around the tree, run it through the slot, and crank.....

The buckle is totally different. It allows you to put your steps on the strap, there is a flat hook on one side and a reciever bar on the other so you just wrap the strap around the tree, place the hook on the bar, snug up the slack on the tag end and fold the buckle tab over which cams the strap tight. Way faster and easier to use in a tree.

I have a tethr and saddle tied to a pole in my basement. I can`t shoot from it but with my back strap on I can watch utube videos from the saddle. lol

Back