• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prayers needed

Thanks guys for all the kind words. Is been rough 6 months not being able to see my mom who was in the Nursing home because of Covid, along with the dementia. Its a brutal disease. Lost my Father who was my rock in '94 to Pancreatic Cancer and it was a lot easier of a pill to swallow.
I wouldnt wish dementia on anyone. Its rough watching a parent go through the various stages. She was a good Christian mother who always knew the right thing to say when I needed it most.
I keep asking myself, why do bad things happen to good people? People that add to this world by giving, serving, encouraging, sharing, etc. Why do they go through so much suffering when others seem to not?
But we are not guaranteed anything in this life. This world does not owe us anything or make any promises. It just is what it is. God made no promises that just because I am a Christian things would be any different while on this earth either. This Earth is temporary anyway for us all when compared to Eternity, Christian or not christian. Our whole world can turn upside down in a short period of time.
So the real question is, where will I spend Eternity and am I ready for that end? If our BEST hope is in this short life we currently are living, then is that the best I can hope in? Because there are a lot of hurting people in this life. Life may be great for you today but are you guaranteed that tomorrow?
I thank God that he gave me a hope that is beyond all the good and the bad that this world gives in the end. We are all like the old wagon trains that moved out west years ago, we are just passing through. But what lies beyond that for you?

Sorry if this is too much and sounds like I am rambling. Just got a lot on my mind, I am tired and cant sleep.

I appreciate you all very much and thanks again for all the kind words and prayers from complete strangers!! It means a lot.

Back