• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator 2000w generator from harbor freight

They work well. I used one during hurricane Florence last year. They are pretty quiet. In the off chance you get a dud harbor freight has a 90 day return policy. Did you take a hard hit from the storm?

They work well. I used one during hurricane Florence last year. They are pretty quiet. In the off chance you get a dud harbor freight has a 90 day return policy. Did you take a hard hit from the storm?

Nah all good, we’ve gotten lucky so far. High pressure system spared my area.

I’m more curious for a little camping setup. And how they hold up long term.

I can't speak to their longevity. I didn't hang onto it long after the storm. Glad your all good.

Tractor supply has a champion 2k inverter generator. It has good reviews and about 100 dollars less than the predator. Been considering one and a 6000 BTU window unit for my cargo trailer.

Tractor supply has a champion 2k inverter generator. It has good reviews and about 100 dollars less than the predator. Been considering one and a 6000 BTU window unit for my cargo trailer.

Man, the dual fuel will probably make that decision for me. It’s a little more expensive, but still 400.00 less than the Honda I was planning on buying. Three year warranty and can run on propane...

Man, the dual fuel will probably make that decision for me. It’s a little more expensive, but still 400.00 less than the Honda I was planning on buying. Three year warranty and can run on propane...
Which one is dual fuel

I have the predator 3500 that I got on an open box deal for $200. Thing is a champ so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Fyi.....you can convert any generator into bi or tri fuel

My father has been using a champion for years. Work fine. The wireless remote start is killer. I have an old garden way with a cast kohler I can't kill...keep thinking it's going to die and doesnt. Ran it for 3 days straight beginning of thebwinter. It's probably 50 years old.

Fyi.....you can convert any generator into bi or tri fuel

The difference in the champion gas and dual fuel is double(300.00).

What’s the quick run down on how to do that? Involved? Expensive? Or worth it for that kind of dough?

http://www.propane-generators.com/
I don't have any experience with a generator..... I coveted a 408ci ford small block over to LP.....with an automotive engine you need internal work but a generator i think you just need the carburator and the fuel mixer

Yeh did a quick search for the standard portable generators it’s really easy. But these little lunch box inverters it would be more involved trying to make it work in a package that’s still easy to handle. Will be adding that kit to my big generator though, looks simple enough

I can't speak for the Harbor Frieght unit but Consumer's Report seems to rate it about equal to the Honda 2000i which I have. I love my little Honda. I camp remote during much of Oct. and Nov. and that little generator works great for the coffee maker and a small microwave. Makes for quick easy to clean up meals. Running it a hour a two a day also gets me at least one more day of charge on battery. It's light, easy to move around and pretty easy on the fuel too. I also break it out in the event of power outages. I can run an extension cord from it into the house and bounce it between appliances, internet router, TV, whatever I need power for. They're pretty handy to have around.

Back