• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator adjustment knob

Not to back seat engineer here, but is there a reason why you didn't just make the larger knurled portion extend the entire length of the part?

I guess if I would have that crack wouldn’t have occurred. I made a knob for another project so I just built off of that for this one. If the one o have now doesn’t work out I will try that. Thanks for your input @krub6b

thicker wall on lower portion of the piece and it should work fine I would think. Looks good

Sorry it took so long to get back with you guys. I will try and get it on thingverse or just attach a file on here if it is permitted. My second one was exactly the same profile but had several 1mm reliefs molded onto the sides of the channel that the nut fits into to prevent cracking. I hope you can see in the pic. 6D47DD9E-3999-4D53-9D2D-8FF43344B162.jpeg

If you are doing fine with PLA being strong enough then stick with it.

Any chance you have seen the knob they use on the X-wing? I just saw a video tonight about how it is oversized so you can turn it with your foot. that would be a huge upgrade.

If you are doing fine with PLA being strong enough then stick with it.

Any chance you have seen the knob they use on the X-wing? I just saw a video tonight about how it is oversized so you can turn it with your foot. that would be a huge upgrade.
I have not seen that one. Got a link? That would be a neat option for the knob. The one i made for the Predator is slightly recessed in the platform to keep from applying any contact to it. I may see if that is doable and make one slightly larger just to see how it works. Thanks for the feedback.

Back