• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator and stick talons

clint6760

For those with a predator platform, is it possible to use stick talons attached to the platform to hold three helium sticks? Thanks

I have the predator platform, but sold my stick talons when I decided to go to the saddle. Without testing this, my guess is that it would work to an extent. The predator is very short front to back, much shorter than the locations I installed the talons on my lw alpha. How does that affect things? I'm not able to say for certain. I would assume shorter sticks would handle better on your back because you don't want to be backpacking with the platform down on your lower back. With it up high on your back, I could see the sticks snagging on limbs overhead.

Aren’t stick talons for 1” tubes?

They were designed to attach to cast lone wolf platforms and grip 1" climbing sticks. The part that bolts on to the stand oughta work, in theory, on a platform. But I have my doubts about the real world application of that setup.

They were designed to attach to cast lone wolf platforms and grip 1" climbing sticks. The part that bolts on to the stand oughta work, in theory, on a platform. But I have my doubts about the real world application of that setup.
Yes but I think what Red was pointing out was helium sticks don’t fit in one inch tubes.

Yes but I think what Red was pointing out was helium sticks don’t fit in one inch tubes.
Stick talons will definitely work on hawk helium’s. They may use a different holder but if you specifically ask for talons for the helium he will make them

I know I had seen that they will make them specifically for helium sticks.

My thought was to use a couple screw ins at the base of a tree with two or three cut down helium sticks with aiders. Just thought it would be nice to add backpack straps to a predator and the sticks attached to them. I don’t really carry much with me in a backpack so don’t have much need for a big one.

I know I had seen that they will make them specifically for helium sticks.

My thought was to use a couple screw ins at the base of a tree with two or three cut down helium sticks with aiders. Just thought it would be nice to add backpack straps to a predator and the sticks attached to them. I don’t really carry much with me in a backpack so don’t have much need for a big one.
My BIL has some talons. I’ll see him this weekend and I’ll see if they work on my predator. Probably won’t be till Monday before I can get you a response

Back