• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

predator and wild edge modification

Dpitchford921

I recentley ordered my set up from tethrd and wild edge to replace the trophyline and lovely climbing sticks. What is everyone doing to keep their predator and weild edge stepps silent? i was thinking vet wrap on the stepps and spray in bed liner on the platform. Has anyone tried these? Im planning on using a knaider and 5 step aider. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

I recentley ordered my set up from tethrd and wild edge to replace the trophyline and lovely climbing sticks. What is everyone doing to keep their predator and weild edge stepps silent? i was thinking vet wrap on the stepps and spray in bed liner on the platform. Has anyone tried these? Im planning on using a knaider and 5 step aider. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Stealth wrap from Uncle Lou is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is that for the stepps?

I use it on anything metal and more. Here’s how I do my Predator Platform-

76c4e8f44bc10842c83d265135025d86.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent tried any of these so.....take that with a grain of salt, I've heard spray foam or ear plugs insterted into the WE steps, also wrap them with the cheap camo tape, don't have a predator.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vet wrap. Cut the roll into widths the same diameter as the tubbing you are wrapping and it will wrap very nice.
ccfdfd7541761ccaab4612be83fced87.jpg
84c9c28b9bfe152477826cd15ca2a81c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
So far vet tape just on the down point of my WE steps so when I take them apart they don't make to much noise. On the platform along the whole front edge of the platform I wrapped para cord along the whole front edge bam no more noise , I also put a piece of Velcro where the adjustment bolt hits , no more noise , I plan on painting it this summer. Also the picture above may have problems adjusting the rope on the step because of the vet tape being sticky

that looks simple enough. i guess the ear plugs are to help stop the cling?
I filled my Lone Wolf sticks with spray foam years ago. It really helps to deaden noise. I can't exactly remember what type of foam I used but low expansion (the type used around doors and windows so it doesn't cause bowing and deform door/window frames) may be the better choice?? IDK.
I also sprayed some of the foam on the outside of my LW sticks to cushion the outsides. After I foamed them, I coated it with rubber spray to improve durability. A little over spray with Camo paint on the rubber coating dulled the color. They look 3D Camo. Quiet and invisible on the tree.

Rope adjustment has not been an issue. Might actually help hold it where you want it while you tie the knot.

Im carrying the steps and platform in and out with me so they are not getting wet. Im typically not gonna hunt in more than a drizzle so i have not had any issues with it getting slippery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back