• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

predator on pine trees

fireman43

Took my new gen2 predator to the woods for the first time. Tried setting it up while standing on ground to get the feel for it. Mostly pines with thick bark where I hunt so that is what I set up on. I couldn't get the top bracket to sit tight to the tree - had the 1" gap at the top bracket and couldn't figure how to fix it. Ive read and watched videos - had the tethrd strap level and tight, pushed the platform down before I cammed the platform.... reset it all, retightened the strap, pushed as hard as i could, recammed platform, still had the gap. obviously I must be doing something wrong but be damned if I can figure it out. Would a ratchet strap or a amsteel mod be better? I know this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the search....

I hunt mainly pines in south Mississippi. Toe hook is not advised, but that’s what I do. Just be careful. Make sure you’re tethered in first.

I almost always hunts pines

Some are very thick bark

I toe hook multiple times til it bites good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back