• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator Pack Overhaul

skyjacker

SH Member
No sew overhaul of the predator pack. Holds the predator, hydration pack, has 1 large pocket and 1 small pocket. With a Tethrd patch to make it LEGIT. I'm digging this pack.

Hydration Pack

Shoulder Straps

IMG_20190926_205120.jpgIMG_20190926_205057.jpgIMG_20190926_205040.jpgIMG_20190926_205019.jpg

Pretty sweet!! Ive got the pred pack on the way and am trying to figure out a bag to attach to it.

Pretty sweet!! Ive got the pred pack on the way and am trying to figure out a bag to attach to it.

Although I wish it had some zippered pouches on the hip belt, I went with this: https://www.mysteryranch.com/2-day-assault-pack

WF19%202%20Day%20Assault_coyote-20.jpg
WF19%202%20Day%20Assault_forest-40.jpg

Although I'm now second-guessing this decision based on the pictures above. It looks great!

Last edited:
Man their are some geniuses on this site for sure. Looks great and has the wheels churning

My concern with that Mystery Ranch pack is more in the color. Anyone hunting public land around here during firearm season is risking their life with a brown backpack like that. Just saying.
Good point - I actually purchased the pack in the Forest color for that reason.

Dang that looks good.
This would make a good scouting/camera checking setup...

Although I wish it had some zippered pouches on the hip belt, I went with this: https://www.mysteryranch.com/2-day-assault-pack

WF19%202%20Day%20Assault_coyote-20.jpg
WF19%202%20Day%20Assault_forest-40.jpg

Although I'm now second-guessing this decision based on the pictures above. It looks great!

Thanks.. I have several other packs. Actually to many. I was looking for a bag to attach to predator pack like the OP did. Or I think he did? I think I am going to go with a couple of Danos pouches.

Thanks.. I have several other packs. Actually to many. I was looking for a bag to attach to predator pack like the OP did. Or I think he did? I think I am going to go with a couple of Danos pouches.
It's a hydration pouch pack made to attach onto molle loops. There is no sewing involved. Just thread the webbing though the molle loops and it's attached.

Okay, you just sold me on the idea of the Predator Pack for sure. I’m doing this before late-season.

Pretty cool little set up u got there

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a hydration pouch pack made to attach onto molle loops. There is no sewing involved. Just thread the webbing though the molle loops and it's attached.

Correct.. Thats what I thought you had done. Its a great idea. Looking forward mines arrival tomorrow..

Whoa this looks perfect. Skyjacker, could you post a couple pictures showing where and how the straps connect on the top and bottom of the pack?

My concern with that Mystery Ranch pack is more in the color. Anyone hunting public land around here during firearm season is risking their life with a brown backpack like that. Just saying.

Here’s another idea for a product for you DanO.

Hunter blaze orange fleece by the yard. Those who use fleece saddles can get the correct blaze orange color that meets regulations. I cannot find fleece that meets the color requirements. Sure, amazon sells “blaze orange” fleece, but reviewers are commenting that it is not hunter blaze.

This is the closest I can come up with color requirement:

http://www.ihea-usa.org/hunting-and-shooting/requirements/hunter-orange-requirements

“No nationally recognized study has established or verified standards for the wavelength, luminance, or excitation purity required for visibility of any color other than Hunter Orange in natural environments by human observers. Hunter Orange should have a dominant wavelength between 595 and 605 nanometers, a luminance factor of not less than 40%, and an excitation purity of not less than 85%.”

Also, one can use the blaze orange fleece fo make quiet covers for their noisy packs. And some intrepid people can dual purpose the quiet cover with fleece saddle.

Thoughts?

Tether'd - how about a fleece or wool predator pack? I love the pack, just prefer more quiet material. I know it is bomb proof as made which is probably a huge selling point.

That’s a pretty sweet set up. I just got my predator pack in and am trying to figure out the best way to attach it to an Alpz pack.

Has anyone done any predator pack strap upgrades for just carrying it by itself early season?

Tether'd - how about a fleece or wool predator pack? I love the pack, just prefer more quiet material. I know it is bomb proof as made which is probably a huge selling point.
Dave, do they have burrs where you live? Seems fleece would fill up with them and they can be bad here in the Midwest. Fleece is nice and quiet though.

Back