• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator platform 2 brackets

stmarcink

My predator platform came with two brakets one black and one aluminum thinner bracket why two?

They both pivot slightly on the platform so I tried a more aggresive biting lone wolf braket from my hang on but I get squeeking with it on the tree so I'm going back to the ones that shipped with the predator. Which one should I use and are the supposed to swivel on the post? The groove seems to be too wide for the post.

My predator platform came with two brakets one black and one aluminum thinner bracket why two?

They both pivot slightly on the platform so I tried a more aggresive biting lone wolf braket from my hang on but I get squeeking with it on the tree so I'm going back to the ones that shipped with the predator. Which one should I use and are the supposed to swivel on the post? The groove seems to be too wide for the post.
Im sure one of the Tethrd guys will chime in here, but until they do, heres my take. The black one is the updated version, both work fine. The little bit of movement helps it bite into the tree better, like the lone wolf and shikar standoffs. Once you get it cammed over, it'll be rock solid. Enjoy!!

Im sure one of the Tethrd guys will chime in here, but until they do, heres my take. The black one is the updated version, both work fine. The little bit of movement helps it bite into the tree better, like the lone wolf and shikar standoffs. Once you get it cammed over, it'll be rock solid. Enjoy!!

Nailed it. It’s just another option. Use whichever one you like. They are supposed to pivot slightly so no need to over tighten the bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how tight should the bracket be? Should there be a slight amount of movement in it?

I bought a Predator this winter and have only tried the cast bracket so far. I agree- once it’s cammed over correctly, it’s rock solid but I’ve had trouble getting it there. I’ve had to try multiple cam sets already before it was happy. And even then sometimes I got slight gapping between the bracket and the tree. Wasn’t a comforting feeling at 20’. But I turkey hunted in it last weekend and it bit hard and was perfect. So I am beginning to wonder if it’s all in the cam set. Anyone else have this experience?

I bought a Predator this winter and have only tried the cast bracket so far. I agree- once it’s cammed over correctly, it’s rock solid but I’ve had trouble getting it there. I’ve had to try multiple cam sets already before it was happy. And even then sometimes I got slight gapping between the bracket and the tree. Wasn’t a comforting feeling at 20’. But I turkey hunted in it last weekend and it bit hard and was perfect. So I am beginning to wonder if it’s all in the cam set. Anyone else have this experience?

It sounds like you aren't getting it cammed properly. It can sometimes be difficult depending on the tree, but once it's cammed properly there shouldn't be any gap. I find the easiest way to get it tight is to carefully stand on your top stick and while the platform is folded push down on the post with your foot.

I tried that once while at hunting height and can attest it did work. I didn’t love the feeling that high up but it could probably become natural with practice. More recently I’ve tried tightening the strap as much as I can while having the platform folded and pushing the post down my other hand and it’s also seemed to improve the bite.

I tried that once while at hunting height and can attest it did work. I didn’t love the feeling that high up but it could probably become natural with practice. More recently I’ve tried tightening the strap as much as I can while having the platform folded and pushing the post down my other hand and it’s also seemed to improve the bite.

Yeah, I make sure I’m tethered to the tree when I do that.

Back