• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator platform buckle issue

Jeepr07

So today I'm practicing in my saddle, maybe a foot off the ground with my predator. Just getting used to it and getting practice in flinging arrows. No problems, I like it, till I try and take the platform off of the tree. And the buckle would not depress. I finally got it depressed and off the tree. But seriously? If I'm 15-20' up a tree I don't want to have to be trying to swing around and force the buckle to loosen.
Has any one else has this problem? Or any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm trying some oil on it now but really not expecting to much.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So today I'm practicing in my saddle, maybe a foot off the ground with my predator. Just getting used to it and getting practice in flinging arrows. No problems, I like it, till I try and take the platform off of the tree. And the buckle would not depress. I finally got it depressed and off the tree. But seriously? If I'm 15-20' up a tree I don't want to have to be trying to swing around and force the buckle to loosen.
Has any one else has this problem? Or any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm trying some oil on it now but really not expecting to much.

Thanks

Did you try raising the platform all the way up and lifting it first to relieve some of the tension on the strap?

Yep, tried everything.. just was a pain to get it to loosen..

Thanks Murph, I have an old xop and some other straps I'll try, and if that fails I'll try the versa strap

Did you try to fold the platform and push it up the tree before messing with the buckle? When mine is cammed over it can be tough to break it loose with the buckle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The strap they send with them isn’t very good imo I replaced mine immediately with a lone wolf strap.

With my LW & Tethrd straps I sometimes have to fold stand & lift up a little to conteract the tight cam over the stands & platforms get

Any cam buckle will stick on occasion, if you try to release it while it is under tension. Like said, fold up the platform, then raise it enough to take tension off the strap. I do this ever time with cam buckles either on stands and sticks, and have yet to have one fail to release.

I have had this issue with my LW straps, sounds exactly the same. We’ll see when my Predator gets here. I actually consider it a safety feature if it’s GD-difficult to get the strap off, but it can be frustrating and loud in the dark. I would say that you are probably just camming that thing in hard. I’m curious to compare both brands of straps for myself.

Back