• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Predator vs xop

kenn1320

Can someone post both platforms side by side? I'd like to see the size difference.

Here u go
77d5f84c660284ccf1c51f8522eda627.jpg
96cc0994ac8f2e2fd2d274d0b81f5908.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks Rod, I was curious about this as well, very helpful.
No prob, y'all need any more pics just let me know, I can tell u after hunting from both that the predator is just a hair on the too small side, if the tree has any lean towards you u can't really stand on it, I'm gonna send Ernie and Greg a message and beg them to make a predator about 4" longer and maybe 3" wider

No prob, y'all need any more pics just let me know, I can tell u after hunting from both that the predator is just a hair on the too small side, if the tree has any lean towards you u can't really stand on it, I'm gonna send Ernie and Greg a message and beg them to make a predator about 4" longer and maybe 3" wider

What size boots do you have? I think that you are right though, if they would make a Predator XL, they should be able to cover everyone's needs in the platform market! I'm on the smaller side at 155# with size 9 boots and am looking forward to testing the Predator out next week against my current platform.....when mine gets here.

Thanks!!! I don't want to sound negative, but I'm with you on wishing it was bigger. Xop is perfect and it appears they chased weight over function.

What size boots do you have? I think that you are right though, if they would make a Predator XL, they should be able to cover everyone's needs in the platform market! I'm on the smaller side at 155# with size 9 boots and am looking forward to testing the Predator out next week against my current platform.....when mine gets here.
Size 11 and it takes some fancy foot work to get turned

Thanks!!! I don't want to sound negative, but I'm with you on wishing it was bigger. Xop is perfect and it appears they chased weight over function.
I like size of xop but I love the klemz style

Ok guys I got an xop seat and put it on a post a guy gave me...but I had to put 3 washers on one side of the square tube and 2 washers on the other side (still a small gap). I'm wonder what tube you guys use and the length...also I was told that it is better with the seat in the middle or towards the top 3/4 of the tube...I was wanting to try putting it just about the bottom 6 point tree bracket and the camping it over plus using a versa button towards the top...what do you guys say? I'd put pics up of what I have but the wont upload

I have both. Prefer the Predator. I wear size 13 boot as well. I think it's about the perfect size myself. The only thing I miss is being able to prop my foot on the top of the post on the XOP setup. Predator is way easier to setup and packs up so much smaller!

Ok guys I got an xop seat and put it on a post a guy gave me...but I had to put 3 washers on one side of the square tube and 2 washers on the other side (still a small gap). I'm wonder what tube you guys use and the length...also I was told that it is better with the seat in the middle or towards the top 3/4 of the tube...I was wanting to try putting it just about the bottom 6 point tree bracket and the camping it over plus using a versa button towards the top...what do you guys say? I'd put pics up of what I have but the wont upload

I run the xop post modded.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-045150_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20181124-045150_Gallery.jpg
    429.5 KB · Views: 49
Back