• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Preseason Luck?

ricky racer

This last week my wife and I took a little time off and headed to Michigan's UP for a little get-a-way. Kids are back in school and the colors are not near their peak yet so we figured the tourists would be fewer. The weather was great but alas, I tagged my first deer of 2021. Unfortunately I tagged it with my wife's SUV. Fortunately it just wrinkled the fender and didn't disable the car. Anyway the trip was great and I got to spend some time in the UP which is always a plus.

2021 Deer colision .jpg

We came home and today I was doing a little scouting to see if scrapes were returning to a couple of areas that I expected them to appear. On cue, the scrapes have appeared although I haven't seen any rubs yet. About 30 years from one of the scrapes I found this.:mad:

2021 Coyote Kill 1.jpg

I've got a friend that hunts coyotes here. He said to let him know when the soy beans have been picked and he'll be out, if I don't beat him to it.....

Ok, so last year I’m heading to the woods, driving down a gravel road with cut corn fields on both sides. I’m pulling a trailer with a 4wheeler on it. I hit a spot in the road that felt “soft” because it felt like my trailer bogged down for a second. I go to the woods, go hunting and come back to the truck. When I load my 4wheeler up I find a deer horn in the bed of my trailer. I’m thinking someone threw it on my trailer. I head back down the road and see some buzzards out in the field. I stop to check out what they are on and it’s a pig. As I’m walking back up to my truck, I see the fender on my trailer is all bashed in. Looked like someone had hit it with a sledgehammer. When I got closer, I could see deer hair on the fender. A deer had pile drove himself into the fender of my truck at full speed while I was driving down the road, broke one of his horns off and it had landed in the back of my trailer. About four or five days later, I found a deer off on the side of the road dead….it only had one horn. Ha Ha Ha.
4FDD5F50-9BC7-4D90-AA98-04446B92222D.jpeg4411A04B-7210-4A75-8762-D921A0CCE9E5.jpeg69BBE64C-39DA-4C41-8302-5C89984AF557.jpegA5BDD960-2F96-42DE-8CE2-4EA6FF041839.jpeg

Back