• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PRESET REGRETS?

NATHAN

SH Member
I have a few, I'm curios if anybody else does.
1 Big trees with multiple branches. They are easy to hide in but, dang are they a pain to climb in the dark. Using the full length of the linemans rope. Using 2 linemans to get around branches while staying attached. Having to move so far to go 360.
2 Bolts too far apart. Not being able to easily keep 3 points of contact is not smart.
3 Height. I have 1 that is just too high no matter who you are.
4 Ring of bolt spacing. Too far apart for smooth transitions.
5 Shooting lanes/holes no big enough.
6 No pull rope. Doyles is good, preset is better.

On most quota hunts here u are allowed to enter 24hr prior to the start of ur hunt. In the past i have taken advantage of it a couple times and preset my hang on and sticks taking the lowest 1 with me so hopefully no body steals my stuff....I have a 50/50 ratio of it either working perfectly or be a total lose from some unforeseen factor. (usually other hunters) I have a couple preset trees on another piece and due to the high water level this year I haven't got to use any of them....best be mobile IMO

Back