• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Press stand

ShooterMike

I’m becoming limited on space, and bench top work space has become a premium. I built a modified Paulk Workbench/Assembly table a while back for woodworking & miscellaneous projects. I picked up a workbench and some old cedar cabinets for my hunting gear. My archery tools have no place to live permanently.

I’m not a welder by any means, instead I’m a guy with a welder and can make things stick together. Local supplier cut some 2x2 1/8” mild steel tubing for me and I put together a stand for the press and vise. The steel was $3.75 per linear foot cut to my requests, and I only needed 12 feet of it. So it rather inexpensive. I considered making it out of wood, but it’s always fun to use the welder.

My intentions are to pick up an LCA Revolution Arrow Saw and put it on the back side of the bow press stand. I still need to add casters to the stand so I can move it around the garage as necessary, when needed. So far, it seems like the LCA Vise is going to workout well on the stand, since it can be stowed out of the way.

For those of you with compact spaces, how do you mount or keep your gear accessible?

b77cfa96427c59c3462e13525a97c921.jpg

819d5804c3c4dbc56fbb5053b82c4408.jpg

Semper Fi,
Mike
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back