• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primal step straps no problem

Slickiron

I used my new primal steps yesterday as an platform for the first time & realy enjoyed them!!
I figired out ( in the yard) how to cam them down tightly the first time & didnt have any problems 20' up in the tree.
For me i use 2 fingers between the tree and the cross bar to space the slack in the step & it worked flawless.
Only thing im workin on figuring out is how to hang them off my saddle when walking and during the climb. I tried an strap with 2 molly hangers but the strap was too short to work without looking in the dark. Ill work on that beacuse the platform was the best ive used yet..

Attachments

• 0928191050a.jpg
    0928191050a.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 101
But did your feet enjoy them? My feet protested about standing on the standoffs. :grinning:
I mounted a flat platform to the top and the feet are now happy.

But did your feet enjoy them? My feet protested about standing on the standoffs. :grinning:
I mounted a flat platform to the top and the feet are now happy.
Yeah they were. Enjoyed them more than any other sofar. I still need to griptape my platform so i cant speak about using one yet but with bieng able to step on two steps at the same time to give support to toe and heel was awsome. Pretty stoked

Can you post a pic of the angle of your strap on the tree, I cant get my primal step to reliably cam over with my plywood platform, it's either too tight or (mostly) too loose, thanks

Can you post a pic of the angle of your strap on the tree, I cant get my primal step to reliably cam over with my plywood platform, it's either too tight or (mostly) too loose, thanks
All i do is tighten them to where i have 2 fingers between the cross bar and the tree and then lift the step above the strap and cam it over if its too loose then either lift the step higher or tighten the strap a tad more. Once you get it right check the space between the cross bar & the tree with your fingers so you can get it the same everytime.. Ill get a pic of the strap today ; im getting ready now for my eve hunt.

All i do is tighten them to where i have 2 fingers between the cross bar and the tree and then lift the step above the strap and cam it over if its too loose then either lift the step higher or tighten the strap a tad more. Once you get it right check the space between the cross bar & the tree with your fingers so you can get it the same everytime.. Ill get a pic of the strap today ; im getting ready now for my eve hunt.
Ok, so if I'm tracking right, you're flipping the step upside down, tightening your strap, check spacing with fingers then lift and cam?

Ok, so if I'm tracking right, you're flipping the step upside down, tightening your strap, check spacing with fingers then lift and cam?
Yep. Not completely upside down. But like how the instructions say to have it before you cam it over..figuring out the spacing and then doing it everytime.

Looks like the strap ends up straight accross.after its lifted up and cam down.

Attachments

• 1002191843.jpg
    1002191843.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 33
Back