• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primal Steps in stock at Sportsman’s Guide

Thanks for the heads up! I need just one more WE stepp but these will work too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Am I reading this correctly that "Includes 4 V-Treesteps. " for $21.99???

Are y’all sticking with the buckle and webbing it comes with or replacing them? If the latter, then replacing with what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are y’all sticking with the buckle and webbing it comes with or replacing them? If the latter, then replacing with what?

I have amsteel on 4 of mine and the original buckle on one. Amsteel is nice because it’s lighter and quieter but it’s more finicky to set up properly. I can’t decide which way I like better but both work. I was thinking about buying some of the ropes from WE and trying those as well but won’t until after season. The rut is nearly upon us here so it’s time to hunt rather then experiment at this point. Hope my indeterminent non answer helped.

I left on the buckle, and really actually like it. Makes adjusting the tension a breeze. You just have to quite them down, so they don't sound like wind chimes when you take them out of your bag!

Mine still have the straps. Too late this season to change but I will probably make the swap to Amsteel after the season. As stated above noise is really the only factor.

I’m glad y’all are pleased with these I just purchased five 4 packs the other day to go along with my mantis that still hasn’t showed! Might not get a chance to hunt with the saddle this year but there is always next year!

Notch dryad dynamic cabling....you’ll thank me later.

The wild edge rope is really, really good. Strong, holds up well, squirrels and rats don’t chew it, easy to tie, relatively quiet, light, Easy to splice. It’s the perfect rope for this application.

The notch is slightly quieter and easier to pack. No news on critters because I don’t leave this set out. Easy to splice, no need to stretch, easy to tie and untie the knot.

Back