• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primal steps/ Wild Edge bag.

Tr33_n1nj@

SH Member
I got a Wild Edge 8 step bag thinking the Primal steps would fit. They did not. They seem to be too wide and I can only get the zipper about 3/4 of the way up. I’m thinking of cutting slits in the side then sewing them up like button holes to give more room. Any other DIY suggestions before I go doing that?

Last edited:
Mine fit in the bag, it is tight, sew a line or two beside the zipper for reinforcement put a pullstring on the zipper and try to hold the bottom of the bag. See If that helps. Will post pics later.

Pull string did the trick, but man is it tight. I’m hoping I can leave it zipped and it will stretch just a little. Now I gotta find me some cool fleece...
FAD7D31B-B572-49B2-BBDE-C9945CD93760.jpeg

Yeah I believe it will stretch a little with it zipped up for a bit. Mine seems to be getting easier. I actually busted the stitching on one side the first or second time I got it fully zipped. That's why I say put another line or two beside the zipper. Also I will say I believe cutting the bottom of the bag helps a lot.

Sew a buckle at the top of the bag, and sew below the zipper about 3” from the bottom. Greatly expands the capacity. I get 5 stepps and a 4 step aider in a 5 step bag.
B0D4714C-7BE2-4BDD-8E21-19E12BA3AE0D.jpeg

I made a tri-angular shaped bag with a loose flap on it. Cordura for the gusset and fleece front and back panels. Works well for my 4 steps, but getting them back in while hanging off a rope is a little clumsy. Doubles as a 3rd drop pouch once I'm all set.

I made a tri-angular shaped bag with a loose flap on it. Cordura for the gusset and fleece front and back panels. Works well for my 4 steps, but getting them back in while hanging off a rope is a little clumsy. Doubles as a 3rd drop pouch once I'm all set.

Can you post a picture?

Like so

Attachments

• 205C37D5-60AB-4B44-B706-607ADF74A111.jpeg
    205C37D5-60AB-4B44-B706-607ADF74A111.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 47
The bag will loosen up a bit. I carried 8 primals in a 10 step bag with no problems. I believe even the wild edge steps fit really snug in the bag and caused people to add pulls to the zipper and make other mods.

Bag has definitely loosened up a little. Pulling 2 steps out to carry helps with weight and frustration factor of zipping it back up. 6 is all I really need at the moment. Then I add them back in while it sits between use to keep stretching. I feel it will be fine at this point.

I finally gave up on the tight bag and added an inch to the back and two straps so they don't lean out away from me as I climb. Much better.

Attachments

• Resized_20231001_113644_7197.jpeg
    Resized_20231001_113644_7197.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Resized_20231001_113657_6409.jpeg
    Resized_20231001_113657_6409.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 15
Back