• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Primos Bullet Proof Trail Cams?

Nutterbuster

SH Member
Anyone ever use them? $29.99 at academy. I'm kinda toying with getting back I to running cams, and I like simple ones that I can afford lots of. These don't have any real "features." Just and on/off switch and you set the timestamp on the sd card through your computer.

Any issues with running micro sd cards and an adapter on them? New laptop doesn't have a slot for a standard sd card.

Mine is still alive after 3 years of being outside every single day. One of the hinge clips broke off, but othewise it's been good to go in terms of ruggedness. I suppose you could DIY a mount, but it doesn't come with one, just a strap. Getting the right angle with the strap can be tricky. The mini SD cards work in it just fine. One other thing to note, it doesn't like the sun at some angles and will take one or two pictures of nothing but glare.

I have had one going strong for at least 3 years if it’s the one I’m thinking of. The one I have you have to set the time on the SD card on your computer and the picture tick is kinda loud.

Mine is still alive after 3 years of being outside every single day. One of the hinge clips broke off, but othewise it's been good to go in terms of ruggedness. I suppose you could DIY a mount, but it doesn't come with one, just a strap. Getting the right angle with the strap can be tricky. The mini SD cards work in it just fine. One other thing to note, it doesn't like the sun at some angles and will take one or two pictures of nothing but glare.
Now that I think about it, I believe I snapped a piece of plastic off somewhere on mine, but I remember thinking “crap, that was my fault” and it didn’t hurt the performance of it in any way

Now that I think about it, I believe I snapped a piece of plastic off somewhere on mine, but I remember thinking “crap, that was my fault” and it didn’t hurt the performance of it in any way
Exactly! Me too. The thing has been a wonderful worker for me. I'd characterize it as... well... bulletproof ;)

Does it have a threaded female insert for using with screw-in mounts? I like to run cameras high on a tree.

Also @Nutterbuster the cam I had had no controls except maybe off and on. You had to format your cards on a desktop and the time you format your card is how you set the time on the camera. I didn’t like that. My 28.88 tasco formats it’s own cards and takes decent pictures.

I had 2 of them, for some reason the time was always way way off, and when transitioning from day to night photos it would completely white out the picture. I have not found a camera under 80 bucks that I really like.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mine worked about 20% of the time right up until I took it out with my .308. You get what you pay for in most things.

All I can say is My wife bought me one. It took pictures every few seconds until t killed the battery. She was going to return it and two years later It’s still in her trunk.
I had the same thing happen. Tried it a couple different times and got sick of all the pics.

All I can say is My wife bought me one. It took pictures every few seconds until t killed the battery. She was going to return it and two years later It’s still in her trunk.

I just read your post out loud sitting here with my wife and 10 year old son and as soon as I finished my son goes "is he married to mom too". :tearsofjoy: this is my wife's M.O. also.

Also @Nutterbuster the cam I had had no controls except maybe off and on. You had to format your cards on a desktop and the time you format your card is how you set the time on the camera. I didn’t like that. My 28.88 tasco formats it’s own cards and takes decent pictures.
I have read read quite a few of this fella’s articles, one specifically on the tasco. He studies deer at Mississippi State and seems to be very knowledgeable. He said he likes them.

I don't know about bulletproof... but this one did a good job of dodging every round the #$*^@#$^%#$ threw at it.. he got the card out.. probably after he ran out of bullets!! Public Land!! Gotta love it!!
20200815_175938.jpg

20200815_180930.jpg

And look how many times he shot at the strap!! I could cut that with a spoon!!!
I think it was a poacher... had to get rid of the evidence..

Last edited:
I was just talking to @Nutterbuster about this a couple weeks ago. I guess he’s still considering it a year later haha

Back