• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Proachers knot for tying bridge....

SouthMsBowhunter

Finally opened up my box from Aero Hunter (received in March) due to some unfortunate circumstances. So after getting a late start I’m now trying to learn and get comfortable with the saddle.

Some things I want to do is shorten the bridge and use a smaller knot for securing to the loops.

Will a Proachers knot be sufficient?

You probably won't like the way that works - it's going to cinch down on the saddle loop, and won't slide freely. You want the eye in your bridge to stay big enough to move around on the bridge loop on the saddle freely.

Check out @Nutterbuster video slumming in a kestrel and he talks about his webbing bridge - it's a nice way to reduce bulk if it's a concern.

Kyler,

I’ve seen it and read several others on the webbing bridge and eventually will go that route.

I bought 10’ of webbing to make an aider to try a one stick method of climbing, but do not have enough to do both.

So was going to make an adjustable bridge using current rope by re-tying the modified Blake to the bridge and re- tying knots if safe.

Would this work? Is the Blake hitch strong enough for this application? Should be since it was used on the tether right?

Back