• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Proud dad

Homebrew454

I have been teaching my son to inject thread. He is making me a pouch to store my SRT kit in so it doesn't make noise while packed. Pretty soon he will be making his own saddle!!

He had a couple of hiccups but working with fleece isn't that easy and he was able to get through it with a little help.
55ebc19e4b20a41a01564bd510a8639f.jpg
392a373c4d089e14f68dfc03966a3458.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm happy he's taking an interest in diy stuff. He is all excited to saddle hunt too. I've had him practicing SRT with me and he did really well. Next year I'm hoping to get him bowhunting out of the saddle but it is hard due to his commitment to football.

He's going to go gun hunting with me again this year but not from the saddle. NW Wisconsin is just too cold for him to stay warm in a saddle. I have a diy sleeping bag style suit for him, which isn't compatible with saddles.

If it is a warm gun season, I'll definitely take his saddle with though. They just seem to be getting less frequent. Plus or gun season opens late this year because when Thanksgiving lines up.

Looks like he’s learning on an awesome machine! That should only make things easier...

I gotta see a pic of that diy sleeping bag suit
I'm not too proud of that one but it is super warm. Combination of heater body suit and an IWOM. It was my first project on a machine that was not up to the task, which is why I have the Juki. I'm thinking of making him some puffy style pants that button on while he would be in the saddle and become a saddle butt warmer.

I'm still in the design process on that but I'm thinking something similar to an infant's pants that snap on the inside of the legs and continue up into the fly (patent pending ). Easy on and off in the saddle that way. Plus it should roll up nice and tight.

I hunt Texas it does not get that cold here, but I’m looking at making something for my hoy

Back