• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prusik cord for resc tech 8mm tether

Huntorbhunted

Purchased an 8mm resc tech tether from eastern woods outdoors and need to pair it with a prusik. I dont want a mechanical ascender. What prusik cord is everyone pairing their 8mm ropes with? Is a continuous loop made from amsteel a good option? If so what size amsteel? Thanks for anyone's help.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

As I understand, the Teufelberger is similar to Oplux. I use Beal cordlette for my Oplux. I chose it over TRC (the recommended prusik by Sterling for Oplux) because it is slightly stronger and I use it for 1-sticking. It does bind a bit, but I've never had a problem adjusting it.

I wish I was a headlight on a north-bound train

Purchased an 8mm resc tech tether from eastern woods outdoors and need to pair it with a prusik. I dont want a mechanical ascender. What prusik cord is everyone pairing their 8mm ropes with? Is a continuous loop made from amsteel a good option? If so what size amsteel? Thanks for anyone's help.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Amsteel is not a good choice here. That's for several reasons, firstly that it melts very easily when exposed to friction. Also, it is slick and has poor strength in a drop scenario because it does not stretch.

I have never used Resc Tech, but I use Oplux and use TRC with it (available from Eastern Woods).

The easiest ready to go would be the Beal Jammy (from Eastern Woods Outdoors) or a sewn TRC loop or a T-Vac sewn loop form Wild Edge.

Amsteel is not a good choice here. That's for several reasons, firstly that it melts very easily when exposed to friction. Also, it is slick and has poor strength in a drop scenario because it does not stretch.
I agree with the points made about amsteel here. A Beal jammy or sterling hollow block for premade loops. To tie your own sterling trc or possibly sterling 6 mm accessory cord. Check the ropes ratings first. Always check the ratings first.

Back