• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prussic cord for sticks

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Just curious if anyone has ever used 7 mm prussic cord for sticks? I live amsteel blue but to much noise on rough bark

Last edited:
I have used 7mm accessory cord and actually switched to amsteel this year. I was getting a bit of stretch with the accessory cord which was letting my sticks slide farther than I liked before it tightened up. So far I am liking the amsteel better. I wonder if I just needed different rope that was lower stretch...... I was trying to go cheap and it cost me. :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just curious if anyone has ever used 7 mm prussic cord for sticks? I live amsteel blue but to much noise on rough bark
https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5033-...QQLfB9F___9XWbi_PdQ1oPQrQPS2NK_hoCsU0QAvD_BwE

This sterling autoblock will work on 7mm or greater rope as a prussic. I use this as a backup on a tether with my ropeman. I imagine it would work with a climbing stick. If I get a chance I will try it. I use it on 9 mm ultra tech and it works like a charm on my tether. I have 8 mm rope on some of my sticks.

5033570-NOC02.jpg

I have used 8mm accessory cord but switched to amsteel. I like the splice, strength, low stretch, and weight. As far as prusik cord goes, my lineman's belt is essentially 8mm prusik cord. It works great for that application. It should work for sticks but I've never tried it. I know mine has some stiffer sheath material, so it would be harder to pinch onto itself than something with a hollow core or softer sheath.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Samson ice is a hollow core hitch cord and would work good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back