• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Prussik and ropeman

Jmseeker21

If you had a Prussik and a ropeman which would you put on your tether and which would you put on your linemans belt. .

I only have one ropeman and i run it on my lineman’s belt. I have to adjust it a lot more during the climbing and platform setup than i do my tether once I’m set up. Although i seen a good video on one hand Prusik operation by just adding in a carabiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only have one ropeman and i run it on my lineman’s belt. I have to adjust it a lot more during the climbing and platform setup than i do my tether once I’m set up. Although i seen a good video on one hand Prusik operation by just adding in a carabiner.

I run the same way, altho I do run a tender with my prussik on my tether.

I had three ropeman1's that I used on everything and loved. That is until I saw the video of it failing at 4kN. I have now sold 2 of the three and will be selling my last one as soon as I get my last order of split tail prussics in. I use the swabisch friction hitch and love it. One handed operation with a prussic tender and will release after being under load with one hand. Instantly catches me after I let go.

if you're on a budget, try a distel hitch and tender, it's much easier than a prusik to adjust.

edit- just googled swabisch hitch and realized it's the same thing haha

if you're on a budget, try a distel hitch and tender, it's much easier than a prusik to adjust.

edit- just googled swabisch hitch and realized it's the same thing haha

It is...except the tag end is different. Almost the exact same hitch...starts the same but ends differently.

Having trouble finding a tender online. Can one of you point me in the right direction?
BTW this company is owned by a fellow saddle hunter, member of this forum and all around awesome guy.

Micro pulley works, but I think a tender work better...less bulky...however you can grab a small ring (hard plastic or metal) that fits over your rope, take paracord and tie the ring to your carabiner. For a split tail I like to put the rope or other end of the tether between the split tail on my biner.

Any pics of this? I really want to take the ropeman1 on my tether out of the equation. I do bounce from leaning to sitting so I do a lot of adjustment with my tether. Sounds like this distal hitch is the safest and easiest?

Any pics of this? I really want to take the ropeman1 on my tether out of the equation. I do bounce from leaning to sitting so I do a lot of adjustment with my tether. Sounds like this distal hitch is the safest and easiest?

https://youtu.be/KUQf9xREmus

Here’s a basic tender idea for the lineman’s belt using a carabiner.

Here’s a basic tender idea for the lineman’s belt using a carabiner.

That’ll work too, but the additional carabiner is not even necessary. Just run the tag line through the prussik’s carabiner. It performs the same function with the change in rope direction. More betterer, simplerer, & quieterer.

Back