• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pulley and carabiner on climbing rope

withakri

I have been using a mini pulley and carabiner to make it much easier to pull my rope out of the tree when I am done. Last night i had the rope setup on the wrong limb above the Y on the tree and it was making my setup miserable. With the carabiner and pulley I was able to stand up on ernies platform and quickly move my rope to the other main limb coming off the Y. Probably was irresponsible to unclip the rope but felt OK for a quick second.

I have been using a mini pulley and carabiner to make it much easier to pull my rope out of the tree when I am done. Last night i had the rope setup on the wrong limb above the Y on the tree and it was making my setup miserable. With the carabiner and pulley I was able to stand up on ernies platform and quickly move my rope to the other main limb coming off the Y. Probably was irresponsible to unclip the rope but felt OK for a quick second.
It only takes one fall from above the trauma zone to realize how important your rope is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a shorter rope with a prusik in my pack just for readjusting my main rope and being tied in at all times.

Yes.....safety lanyard or even a lineman's belt....I used to do stuff like that while hanging onto a bolt or foot peg with one hand (like that would have saved me)....also, don't drop your rope out of the tree when re-positioning. I did that once. Had to get creative on the descent.

Back