• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pursuit platform- I didn’t expect to like it

Westdesign03

SH Member
Went to the Mobile Hunters Expo in Kalamazoo MI and got to looking at these platforms just for fun. Saw them online quite a bit and haven’t heard tons of chatter about them. When I learned that they were selling the gen 1 version of these platforms for $50, I couldn’t resist. I have to say I really do like this little thing. Especially for the $$. There is a bit of flex, but I actually like it. It almost feels like a foot padding to me under the shoe. Anyone else pick up one of these for that price?

Attachments

• IMG_9968.jpeg
    IMG_9968.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_9969.jpeg
    IMG_9969.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_9970.jpeg
    IMG_9970.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
I have a v1 already but it took lots of will power not to grab another for $50! Oh and uh I might have spent more than I should have prior to seeing those lol

I did some testing on the V1 when they came out last summer. I'm 240lbs and it flexed a little too much on the corners for my liking. Talking and working with the fellas over at Pursuit, they sent me the V2 and boom, love it. But for 50 bones that V1 is a great deal!

I am thinking hard about getting one. I would not have any hesitation if they made a XL version. I am mainly interested because of the ease in which I could incorporate a ROS with it.

I am thinking hard about getting one. I would not have any hesitation if they made a XL version. I am mainly interested because of the ease in which I could incorporate a ROS with it.
3 of them for 150 would be an awesome yet bulky ROS!

They're working on a bigger one but it sounded like it was a long ways off. Like far enough off I wouldn't count on that ever actually happening but you never know

I’m seeing $120 on the website, is the $50 still a thing, somewhere?

I don’t have the V1 but do have the V2 paired with 2 Bullman platform steps. I was also skeptical, but it has become my favorite so far. Pairs well with my Tethrd One Sticks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a gen1 cheap. I tried it wearing just street clothes (so around 190 lbs). It flexed a good bit. It didn't feel unsafe.

I have TreeHopper steps and tried it with this platform and it is awesome. May not use it every single time just to get set up faster but just depends on the scenario I guess.

I bet if you email them and mention the $50 thing he might cut you a deal. He was all to eager to sell as many as I would take. (Of course) but I got the feeling he wanted to get rid of the gen 1’s as best he could.
Agreed, they said they're trying to clear them out and only have v2 when I was chatting with them

Wasn't there an issue with weight capacity on these? I seem to remember seeing one buckle. They were all over my social media feed when they first came out, and I tend to be skeptical of anything advertised on social media.

I also have the V1 used the last half inch f last season along with some Tthrd One sticks and I’m keeping my system the same for this season. I liked the V1 so much I picked up a V2 during a recent sale. I like my experiences with them so far and think they are an awesome piece of hunting kit!!

Wasn't there an issue with weight capacity on these? I seem to remember seeing one buckle. They were all over my social media feed when they first came out, and I tend to be skeptical of anything advertised on social media.
I'm about 215, have a v1 and I think it's great. Maybe not my favorite, haven't hunted on it yet but I did hang out for a couple hours the other day(~15 ft) and felt perfectly safe. I'm not that old and don't get accused of being smart though :tearsofjoy:

When asked at the expo the pursuit guys said it was mostly people putting all their weight right on the outer corners and bouncing

I'm about 215, have a v1 and I think it's great. Maybe not my favorite, haven't hunted on it yet but I did hang out for a couple hours the other day(~15 ft) and felt perfectly safe. I'm not that old and don't get accused of being smart though :tearsofjoy:

When asked at the expo the pursuit guys said it was mostly people putting all their weight right on the outer corners and bouncing

eh....my 190 lbs really deformed the thing with zero bouncing....does he know that saddle hunters have to maneuver on the sides and such to get shots?

eh....my 190 lbs really deformed the thing with zero bouncing....does he know that saddle hunters have to maneuver on the sides and such to get shots?
Presumably they do, yeah. I would fall in the" I like the little bit of flex" category though

Anyone have a V1 they want to get rid of? I'm thinking about incorporating one along with my one-stick U.P. platform.

Back