• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Push alpha pack clone

LeanMachine

Heard the push talking about the alpha pack on their podcast. Looked it up. Liked it. Built it. At least my version of it. I normally run a fanny pack but it can be tight on space if i want to take an extra layer. This should give me just the right amount of extra capacity. I primarily built it just for a hip quiver for shooting at home but i think im going to like the easy access to stuff when hang sets and such.
38556a8709b8e20dac6d79e8dd23c5f4.jpg
0b424b7d041ce823892bb3ba129a87ba.jpg
53b201610d6eabc7db5e76274ca71dfb.jpg
c8eb2605f5c747f5e155c97d58159dcb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Very nice. Really like that design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I always love your builds. So clean. Does it bother you how far it hangs down? I feel like my arrows would get pulled out a lot in that configuration

Man, I always love your builds. So clean. Does it bother you how far it hangs down? I feel like my arrows would get pulled out a lot in that configuration
I kind or wear it behind my hip. I do not even notice that it is there. At first i thought it was too long as well but it seems about perfect in use. I am not buckling the leg strap. That is just for when you are sitting. Zipper goes half way under pack so you have full access when seated as well. How im wearing it id say chance of arrows getting pulled out is almost zero because the are behind me. However i will not have arrows in there while in the woods. The quiver part is just for target shooting for me. I can put other crap in that quiver sleeve when hunting. You can put 10x42s in there.

I can put other crap in that quiver sleeve when hunting. You can put 10x42s in there.

This is slick. Might be a good set up for me to carry in bolts and drill. Thanks for posting!

Looks great!

Did you get yourself a double needle machine, or just running parallel stitches? I think I'm going to set my Singer 112W140 up as a dedicated binder so I don't have to constantly swap out needle plates, feet, and feed dogs--it's getting old. I just switched it over to a 1/4" gauge set, but thinking 1/8" or 5/32" will be better (more forgiving) on the 1" binding ribbon.

Looks great!

Did you get yourself a double needle machine, or just running parallel stitches? I think I'm going to set my Singer 112W140 up as a dedicated binder so I don't have to constantly swap out needle plates, feet, and feed dogs--it's getting old. I just switched it over to a 1/4" gauge set, but thinking 1/8" or 5/32" will be better (more forgiving) on the 1" binding ribbon.
I sewed all of this on a consew 206rb5 single needle. I do not have the appropriate foot to sew on the binding using the binder. So the first pass is a long ways from the edge. I then make a second pass closer to the edge. Not super efficient but it works.

I sewed all of this on a consew 206rb5 single needle. I do not have the appropriate foot to sew on the binding using the binder. So the first pass is a long ways from the edge. I then make a second pass closer to the edge. Not super efficient but it works.

If you decide you want to eat up the money you're saving on your own gear, I really like this setup on my Juki 1541:

If you decide you want to eat up the money you're saving on your own gear, I really like this setup on my Juki 1541:
Its on my to by list but the one i need is $100 unforunately. But having a right angle binder would be clutch. Mine works fine for straight runs. Curves and corners just suck.

Its on my to by list but the one i need is $100 unforunately. But having a right angle binder would be clutch. Mine works fine for straight runs. Curves and corners just suck.

Which one costs that much?

3cf568ef5fc2cf4750488787d44e5527.jpg

For what it's worth, Sharp Sewing and Cutex generally just sell Kun Peng (or often lesser quality) parts that are repackaged with a substantial markup and lesser customer service. I've ordered bobbin cases and a few other parts from each to test the theory.

So u have a saddle on with a fanny pack and this pouch? Did u make a way for it to attach to the saddle or the fanny or u just gonna have 3 ppssibly 4belts on your waist?

For what it's worth, Sharp Sewing and Cutex generally just sell Kun Peng (or often lesser quality) parts that are repackaged with a substantial markup and lesser customer service. I've ordered bobbin cases and a few other parts from each to test the theory.
Yea im sure. $100 is just the cheapest i have found for a right angle that will fit my machine. I bought a cheaper one and it no worky on my machine. So i won't make that mistake again. The next one i order will specifically state my machine model in the listing.

So u have a saddle on with a fanny pack and this pouch? Did u make a way for it to attach to the saddle or the fanny or u just gonna have 3 ppssibly 4belts on your waist?
Hey the more belts the merrier! Normally yes i am wearing a saddle and a fanny pack. I will likely make a way for this bag to attach to my saddle. However I do not feel that having the additional belt in the mix would be an issue. I dont wear a belt with my pants so it would be about the same as if i was. All of those "belts" ride at different heights so its not like they are all stacked. My fanny pack buckles near my belly button, for example.

I have been meaning to build a custom fanny pack. I have just run a generic one for about 5 years. It has storage built into the belt portion, which is very handy, but if the right side was open belt i could slide this pack onto that. But i like the idea of being able to leave the hip pack on if i take fanny off. We will see. Real world use will sort it all out. For now its working awesome for shooting in the yard.

I have the saddle and a gun/battle belt that also buckles high like u describe and sometimes after long hikes were the saddle and belt had time to move around and self adjust I can get a pinch point in the love handle/muffin top area...easy to readjust but it's a kinda tender area to get pinched when u not expecting it.....I still working to alleviate that issue and could see how u maybe have the same problem with all the belts

That leg pouch looks very useful.... Good job

Back