• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question about friction knots

You can release a VT under tension unlike a standard Prusik. Friction hitches are variable in their characteristics. Sometimes they hold too well and sometimes they slip too much. They are mostly workable.

You can release a VT under tension unlike a standard Prusik. Friction hitches are variable in their characteristics. Sometimes they hold too well and sometimes they slip too much. They are mostly workable.
So what would you recommend this knot for?

So what would you recommend this knot for?

If you’re really interested, I recommend watching this video. It discusses many uses for the Bluewater VT Prusik. The designer discusses several uses for the device in general and several uses when tied in the VT configuration specially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re really interested, I recommend watching this video. It discusses many uses for the Bluewater VT Prusik. The designer discusses several uses for the device in general and several uses when tied in the VT configuration specially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!!

I would suggest trying the Michocan- it is basically a Blake's hitch with eyes. I use it exclusively with the Rope Wrench. It tends up the rope nicely and grabs reliably. The VT can be sketchy- it will tend very smoothly but many times will not grab when weighted and needs manipulation. The Michocan works great for MRS and SRT.

Back