• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Question for you archery gurus

Squirrels

I have a left hand Elite Impulse, couldn't get it to bare shaft anything unless the rest was 1" centershot out from riser and the top of the arrow barely covering the Berger hole. At center shot I was getting a terrible left tear and fairly high. So now that I have a press I have the local shop acquiring me a shim kit. This afternoon I thought I would just swap the shims on both cams. So I did, set everything back to center shot and level. Ended up with it back to where it was before swapping the shims around so that essentially did little of nothing. Might have made it a frog hair better. I have biscuit on it now but wouldn't think that would make that much of a difference, but I guess it could. Just for reference, the traverse I bought came in and I set it up to level and center and moved the rest maybe a 32nd after that and got great bullet holes.

The Elite either likes centershot at 1" or I just torque it oddly. Or there is something else going on I am not familiar with. Thoughts??

Need more details about your set up.
Some people really struggle with the grip on certain bow models, I know some Elites have a different grip than what people are accustomed to.

You may have installed the shims incorrectly. Try swapping them from left right or too to bottom.

Can’t confirm but I was told elites come shimmed from factory, and shouldn’t require additional shimming.

This is a perfect question for the Elite sub forum on archery talk, btw.

Sent from d_mobile

Need more details about your set up.
Some people really struggle with the grip on certain bow models, I know some Elites have a different grip than what people are accustomed to.
60 lb , 28.5" draw, arrow flavor hasn't mattered or made a significant difference

You may have installed the shims incorrectly. Try swapping them from left right or too to bottom.

Can’t confirm but I was told elites come shimmed from factory, and shouldn’t require additional shimming.

This is a perfect question for the Elite sub forum on archery talk, btw.

Sent from d_mobile

It was shooting that way from the factory. All I did was swap sides for both cams ( moved the shims on the left side of the cam to the right and the right to the left). I was just trying that since the way it came wasn't tickling my fancy. It will shoot bullet holes, just not close enough to center shoot to make me happy.

No cracks or anything in the limbs? I had a bow that was shooting off and I never noticed a crack until a day or two later. Glad it didn’t blow up in my face.

Is it with one arrow or multiple? I’ve had a single arrow that would be nock high no matter what when bare shaft nock tuning, the rest I could rotate the nock to shoot perfect bullet holes but one always shot nock high. Guess it was a bad spine or who knows.

Sent from parts unknown

Is it with one arrow or multiple? I’ve had a single arrow that would be nock high no matter what when bare shaft nock tuning, the rest I could rotate the nock to shoot perfect bullet holes but one always shot nock high. Guess it was a bad spine or who knows.

Sent from parts unknown
Multiple arrows

Back