• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Questions about rope and set up- tether, lineman's belt, and rappelling rope.

caddis75

Hey all,

I'm doing some research on rebuilding out my saddle setup and wanted to ask you to check this cart from double steps to see if I am thinking of everything and have a decent plan. Last season I used Trophyline for the linemen and tether ropes.

Details of the cart.
  1. 11 ft of 6mm TRC- for three prusik knots (one for lineman's belt, one for tether, and one for rappel rope)
  2. Ceres wire gate and 8-foot daisy chain are for an emergency if my stick falls and I need somewhere to hook my feet. I don't know if 8 feet is enough to wrap around the tree and reach my feet though.
  3. Belay, both carabiners, and 40-45 feet of the 8 mm rope are for rappelling. I was using this video as a guide-https://youtu.be/3kWnpatWors
  4. The remaining 8 mm rope is for a lineman's belt and tether. I already have enough biners for those.
How do I cut the rope- just scissors and then melt the ends with a lighter?

Thanks,

J

FireShot Capture 758 - Cart – Eastern Woods Outdoors - doublesteps.com.png

Paying attention as I too am putting things together. Even though this is my first go round with the saddle, I already put a rope mod on a long stick, with a makeshift aider. I have a second short stick with and for my platform to use in conjunction with ………Seems like a saddle and a single stick or Srt just go hand in hand.

Back