• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

QUICK RIBS

bigjoe

This is a quick minute/last minute recipe. They are done in less than an hour and be fall off the bone tender.

Remove the membrane on the back of the ribs. I prefer spare/st.lous style cuts over baby back ribs just because there is more meat.

Rinse your ribs and pat dry. Coat your ribs with favorite seasoning. Pat the seasoning into the meat.

Take your ribs and put in pressure cooker on the meat setting for 16 - 18 minutes. This actually takes about 40-45 minutes as it takes time for the pressure cooker to heat up.

Once the timer goes off, manually vent off. If you do not vent off you may have mush for meat.

Place on a cookie sheet in oven with your favorite sauce. All you are doing is setting the sauce. Usually 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.

Cut and serve.

If you want to smoke them, which I do most of the time, reduce pressure cooking time to 8-10 minutes. Then you can smoke them for about 2 hours.

Attachments

• 4E672270-FCD7-40E3-A8FD-F8C3B5B73F7F.jpeg
    4E672270-FCD7-40E3-A8FD-F8C3B5B73F7F.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks

But now I’m craving ribs for breakfast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My grandma used to cook them this exact way all the time.

Funny thing is using a pressure cooker is becoming a lost art. Honestly don’t miss the meals that came out of that thing too much lol

My grandma used to cook them this exact way all the time.

Funny thing is using a pressure cooker is becoming a lost art. Honestly don’t miss the meals that came out of that thing too much lol

I would tell you if you do pot roast. This will keep the meat moist. In a crock pot I have found that pot roast tend to dry out.

I would tell you if you do pot roast. This will keep the meat moist. In a crock pot I have found that pot roast tend to dry out.

It’s from overcooking not from drying out. Just because it’s in a crock pot doesn’t mean it can’t be over cooked. Fairly common mistake.

Ribs + quick = SACRILEGE!

For God sakes man, we’re talking about a sacred five hour systematic process that involves sweat, lump chacoal, a blend of apple and pecan wood chips, beer, flinging arrows and coming out on the other side with a full belly and stinking like you went camping for a month!

PS. Try using mustard as an adhesive for your rub/“favorite seasoning”. Works bomber and wont interfere with the flavor.

Ribs + quick = SACRILEGE!

For God sakes man, we’re talking about a sacred five hour systematic process that involves sweat, lump chacoal, a blend of apple and pecan wood chips, beer, flinging arrows and coming out on the other side with a full belly and stinking like you went camping for a month!

PS. Try using mustard as an adhesive for your rub/“favorite seasoning”. Works bomber and wont interfere with the flavor.

When I am doing authentic BBQ ie smoking you can watch me camped by the weber for upwards of 18 hrs. For brisket and butts. And 6-8 hours for ribs. All depends on time allowance. I agree with you though, nothing beats low and slow

Back