• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quick Shout Out For GearHead Archery!

Aksisu11

Vendor Rep
I have to give a quick shout out to a company who went above and beyond this past week for me.

I recently bought a Gearhead B24 from a guy on the Saddlehunters forum. Upon receiving it everything was in perfect condition. I took it to my local bow shop because they are an authorized dealer. They were almost done setting it up. All that was left was adjusting the peep sight. The guy that was helping me stepped away to check out another customer, and an older gentlemen came over to my bow and asked what else needed to be done. I told him just the peep sight and another guy was helping me. He kinda blew it off and took my bow off the stand and started to pull the string back to check the timing on a hook in the ceiling. As he pulled the bow back he torqued the riser and the string rolled off the cam, and BAM my bow blew up. My stomach dropped and we were all speechless. The older gentlemen didn’t say much and walked away. The other guy that was helping told me they would order replacement parts and they will cover it all. Which I expected would happen.

Buttttt I didn’t expect Skip Peterson at GearHead Archery to say to the archery shop, “Well we are coming into Grand Rapids for the Huntin Time Expo. So how about we just bring you a brand new B24 that you can give him instead.” I was again speechless! For Skip to go above and beyond like this I was truly shocked, and I even got to meet him today and shake his hand. This was something completely out of his control, but he chose to take control. If you’re on the fence about getting a Gearhead, I would strongly reconsider. Not only do they make impressive bows, but they have top notch customer service.
1d984e0ce99b2ea42bbb9c521252a1e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great story! I went and shot them for the first time the other day. Getting my bow listed for sale this week to get my hands on one. Glad to hear they are made by some good folks!

Great story! I went and shot them for the first time the other day. Getting my bow listed for sale this week to get my hands on one. Glad to hear they are made by some good folks!

You won’t be disappointed man! Skip is a great guy!

I think as more saddle hunters start trying these they will become more common. For saddle hunting whitetails they are tough to beat! I used mine all season and absolutely loved it!

That’s a great story. I can’t find anyone that carries them to try. I am very interested in them. I made the mistake of driving almost two hours to the nearest ‘authorized dealer’. They didn’t have any and didn’t seem interested in selling me anything other than the one brand that they did have several of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not surprising. Gearhead is a legit “midwestern nice” business. Glad you got your bow working!

Back