• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quiet Strap Option?

rickhall20

SH Member
Dec 11, 2019
Jax, FL
www.southerngameandtackle.com
Not sure if this is the right area, but looking for something quieter than a ratchet strap to use on my camera arm base. I’ve tried a couple of pull tight cam straps but neither would get as tight as I feel they needed to. Any suggestions?

rickhall20

SH Member
Dec 11, 2019
Jax, FL
www.southerngameandtackle.com
Thanks for the quick feedback guys. I’ve actually got one of his cam over straps from one of my older DIY platforms. It was one of the straps I tried since my arm base has buttons to loop the strap over. I may just order the OCB buckle and use with this strap. Thanks again for the idea!

raisins

SH Member
Jan 17, 2019
Thanks for the quick feedback guys. I’ve actually got one of his cam over straps from one of my older DIY platforms. It was one of the straps I tried since my arm base has buttons to loop the strap over. I may just order the OCB buckle and use with this strap. Thanks again for the idea!

An OCB buckle cams over. I'd hate for you to buy something you already have and it doesn't work. You can email or chat live on his site to find out.

drew13

Sep 11, 2014
Maine
Rollercam buckle is a good option also as it draws tighter than anything I've used except for a ratchet strap.

I bought a couple of rollercam straps and while they do get tighter than a traditional cam buckle, I could not get them nearly as tight as either an OCB or ratchet. Have you compared the rollercam to an OCB? And if you can get a rollercam tighter than an OCB then please share your secret technique cuz I’d love to switch!…

Reactions: phatkaw

Still Kicking

SH Member
Jul 22, 2020
Central Illinois
I bought a couple of rollercam straps and while they do get tighter than a traditional cam buckle, I could not get them nearly as tight as either an OCB or ratchet. Have you compared the rollercam to an OCB? And if you can get a rollercam tighter than an OCB then please share your secret technique cuz I’d love to switch!…
As I said, not as tight as a ratchet strap and I have no OCB to compare, but way tighter than any cam buckle I've used and plenty tight for steps and platform IMO.

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
I've more than likely got what u need here at the house.