• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Quietening steps and platforms

LeanMachine

My diy stepp ladder steps were way too loud for my taste when taking them in and out of the bag. So i played around with a few options to quieten them down. The winner was vet wrap. They make a similar product for this same purpose but it is much more expensive. Like $12.99 for a 2" roll. I found camo vet wrap at tractor supply in a 4 pack of 3" rolls for $7.99. I cut the 3" rolls into 1" rolls to make them wrap better. I did my stepps and platform and also this stick ladder. Im not a big fan of stick ladders because they are not very versatile and they do not stack well how they come from the factory. But i had them and needed a climbing system to leave in place on a spot. So i removed the bolt on parts and did some cutting and welding to make them stack nicely. The vet wrap is cohesive so they kind of bite to each other enough to keep them from sliding around. I also wrapped the male end of the connections to quieten assembly and to remove some of the slop when climbing. The wrap also provides some thermal insulation in cold weather.

I use a screw in step for a bow hanger and the wrap works great on it as well.
bf7155aecbc75b7b5677f5dee9c92ae4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back