• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rainy Day DIY

IkemanTX

Well, my son is at school, and my wife is at work, so I figured I would knock out a few small hunting things with my time at home today. I broke one of the Nite Ize Gear Ties I typically use to hold my bow or sticks to my backpack the other day and finally decided that I was done with that janky solution. I had a browning trail cam strap lying around and I sewed it up with a couple clips to make a very functional carrier for whatever I want to strap on the back of my pack. About an hour with a speedy stitcher and I was done.
I sewed them around the outermost molle loops, and then just folded over and sewed a triple layer stopper to keep the cinch down end from coming out and that was that. This holds SO much better than the gear ties it is unbelievable. I am kicking myself for not doing this earlier.
FD8D125A-9099-46CB-99FD-3C4F50E14549.jpegC10E6200-B495-47E7-ACAE-9E02233F967A.jpeg07B5D006-2CCE-4E66-A8A2-8B0B8B255EC7.jpeg

Up next, continuous loops for my climbing sticks to be used with the knaider/swaider system...
Then finish up the 2 swaiders I haven’t finished yet. (The knaider is done, but I don’t have the spare carabiners in yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And the continuous loops are done.
I couldn’t really find any literature out there for 1/4” Amsteel loops, so I did 10” buries on each side, with 24” between the buries. I had tried at 23”, but the sheath shortens with a bury in it and it didn’t leave enough. 24” was JUST BARELY long enough that the two tapered buries are just almost touching.
So, all in all, these loops took 44” of Amsteel each.
They pack down really well though, and I can just leave them on the stick the whole time. Add that to the Amsteel rope replacement/stick cutdown I did last week, and I feel like these sticks are Ferrari’s compared to what they were.
8E643F78-E813-4728-917B-40B4315B5853.jpeg90F47C0A-EAB1-452D-977C-A6A3AEFE2335.jpeg8D8C14FD-8DEF-45DC-810D-CD65EAE2F205.jpeg

I wasn’t a fan of the swaider for the stepps, sticks, or the bolts.

I will continue playing around with the Knaider because I think it has potential, but I need to find a way to clip it above my knee so it doesn’t keep slipping down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaider keeps slipping out when I put my foot on a wet or oval tree. I am not using that anymore. The knaider though is fantastic.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back