• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Rappelling decender

If you can't hang from it to hunt, that looks like an overpriced gadget.
I've thought the same when it came to srt climbing methods. Aiders with extra tethers, grigri's and such. I would do the extra $$ for a decender I don't have to back up with an auto block or tie off to ears with a double half hitch in the dark. I felt this was a excellent choice pricewise compared to devices that do the same. I have a single atc decender now that I'm not happy with and looking to replace with something simple and reliable and also quiet.

Follow my grigri thread. There are people that hunt from it and ascend and descend.

What do you not like about the ATC? My only complaint is that you have to unclip it to attach to the rope. I have a claw type descended that you don't have to do that with but it has other issues

Pretty much the same circumstances; you have to remove it to feed the rope and reclip, it also likes to turn sideways as you have posted in your thread and doesn't seem to have enough friction in descent . It doesn't boost any confidence for me even tyed off to retrieve my gear on the way down. Since the decender I posted is under a hundred dollars, still cheaper than a grigr.
And the accessories required for ascent/descent.

Pretty much the same circumstances; you have to remove it to feed the rope and reclip, it also likes to turn sideways as you have posted in your thread and doesn't seem to have enough friction in descent . It doesn't boost any confidence for me even tyed off to retrieve my gear on the way down. Since the decender I posted is under a hundred dollars, still cheaper than a grigr.
And the accessories required for ascent/descent.
You can get a grigri2 for around 70 bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back